Belle Harbor Property Owners Association
General Membership Meeting:
Tuesday, October 16th, 7PM
PS/MS 114 – 134-01 CRONSTON AVENUE
Our Agenda for the October 16th Meeting:
Commander Louron Hall, 100th Precinct Commander – Our new Commander for the 100 Precinct will come to introduce himself to our community, give us an update relating to safety issues in our community and answer questions.
Storm Protection Update on the USACE’ Current Draft Proposal – John Signorelli, 1st Executive VP BHPOA
Protecting our community from future storms is of great concern to all residents in our community. We are approaching the 6th Anniversary of Hurricane Sandy. Our community has made great strides in repairing our homes. Still when Hurricane Florence hit the lower eastern cost recently we have to ask the question, “If it had come to the New York how would the current storm measures for our community serve us.” The temporary berm on our beaches has diminished over the last five years, the beach has lost much of the sand pumped in and the Bay wall has not been elevated.
If you haven’t paid your dues yet we would appreciate you taking the time to do so. Basic dues for the 2018-2019 fiscal year are $50. If you choose to donate more, say $75 or $100 it is appreciated.
You can mail Checks to: BHPOA, P.O. Box 940178, Rockaway Park Station, Rockaway Park, New York 11694
Go on our web site: BHPOA11694.org and use Pay Pal
Our Democracy is not a spectator sport! Get involved in our community; nothing worthwhile comes easy!
6-YEARS AFTER HURRICANE SANDY
STILL REMAINS IN PERIL
The United States Army Corps of Engineers has scheduled two upcoming public meetings to discuss their recent issuing of a Draft Report. The report is posted on the internet, the address is: http://www.nan.usace.army.mil/missions/civil-works/pro-jects-in-new-york/east-rock-away-inlet-to-rockaway-in-let-rockaway-beach/ Once in review Appendix A1-C.
USACE PUBLIC MEETINGS SCHEDULED – Please make every effort to attend!
Tuesday, October 4th – 6-8:15PM Wednesday, October 10th – 6-815PM
Rockaway Waterfront Alliance RISE Center Village of Cedarhurst Hall
58-03 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Arverne, NY 200 Cedarhurst Avenue, Cedarhurst, NY
Issues of concern based on USACE draft
- Reviewing the renderings found in appendix A1-C – How can residents gain access the beach from the street entry?
- How is ADA compliant issues addressed?
- With the elevation of sand to the top of the baffle wall how will sand be stopped from blowing on the streets and into homes.
- When will USACE start to collaborate with the residents from 126th to 149th street on the developing of comprehensive plans to address dune design issues?
- What is the timetable for the installation of a permanent dune for this area.
- Why has the USACE determined not to install groins along the shoreline from 123rd street to 149th street?
- What are the plans for enhancing the sea wall on the bay side to better protecting homes from water breaching the current walls?
- Any other issues you have!!!!
We ask that our resident take the time to send their concerns in to the USACE by the deadline of October 22nd. It is important that we have our concerns on record.
The United States Army Corps of Engineers
New York District Planning Division-Environmental Branch
(ATTN) Ms. Daria Mazey
28 Federal Plaza, New York, NY 10278-0090
Once done, please send a copy to our association at:
BHPOA, P.O. Box 940178, Rockaway Park Station, Rockaway Park, New York 11694